Arthur King Terms & Conditions
Arthur King is owned and operated by Green Ocean Global Ltd, registered in Scotland with company number SC543579. Please address all correspondence to:272 Bath St
You agree that in your use of this site:
- any information you provide on this site is accurate and reliable to the best of your knowledge (this includes all personal information, contact details and information related to property listings);
- you will not use Arthur King to distribute any illegal, obscene or otherwise harmful material;
- you will not do anything to interfere with other users’ access to the site;
- you will not copy material from the Arthur King site without our permission.
You also agree and warrant when you list a property on this site that:
- you have the right to offer the property for rental and will not breach any law, agreement or contract by doing so (this includes the terms of any mortgage on the property, insurance, fire regulations, gas and electrical safety)
- a valid Landlord Registration Number will be included in any advertisement where this is legally required
- you will only post or otherwise make available photographs, video, and other information for which you have lawful authority
- the property has a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- the property has a valid Landlord Insurance policy
- the property has a valid Gas Safety Certificate
- the property meets all Electrical Safety obligations
- the property's windows and doors all lock properly & securely
- everything you provide with the property is safe and in working order
Risk and Information Quality
- Although we have featured in place to maintain a high standard of information quality, Arthur King cannot make any absolute guarantee over the accuracy of any information supplied on this site.
- You should satisfy yourself of the accuracy of any and all information before entering into any contract or agreement. In particular, please verify the identity of any person to whom you are handing over any money.
- Material supplied on this site, including content on our blog and social media accounts, does not constitute legal advice and is supplied for information purposes only.
Use of the Service
- Arthur King provides a marketplace for landlords and tenants to meet and supports this with features to reduce the risks and administrative burden of the transaction, however, we cannot provide any guarantee regarding the integrity of the information supplied by this site or its users.
- In addition to advertising a landlord's property online, we may erect a To Let/For Sale board at the property to inform potential applicants of its availability. We will do this for selected properties at our sole discretion and make no guarantee to provide this service for any particular property or at any particular time. Landlords should notify Arthur King in writing if they have previously agreed not to erect a To Let/For Sale board with the Freeholder or other interested parties, or if they would prefer not to have a To Let/For Sale board erected on their property.
- As the following services are free of charge by Arthur King:
- Property Sales/Letting
- Student Property
The website is a portal for connecting landlords with tenants and buyers. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself of the accuracy of any and all information and of the integrity of all individuals you are transacting with before entering into any contract or agreement or making payments directly to them.
- At a landlord's request we can provide a tenant referencing service via one of our referencing partners; although this is designed to help our users make a more informed decision we similarly cannot provide any guarantee regarding the integrity of the information supplied or the users being referenced.
- We reserve the right to limit your activities on our sites (including, without limitation, restricting the number of properties you may list on our sites), if we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Arthur King community or reduce our or another Arthur King user’s exposure to financial or other liabilities.
- We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or to modify or discontinue Arthur King listings. You agree not to hold Arthur King responsible for any loss you may incur as a result ofArthur King taking this action.
Fair Use Policy
- In order to protect all landlords using our system, and the tenants enquiring, we reserve the right to take down listings if we deem them to be abusing the system. We do this to prevent spam, stop theharvesting of tenant details, and to encourage all adverts to portray a true representation of the available property.
- Although we don't expect our fair usage limits to be breached by genuine landlords, we reserve the right to remove or limit all adverts which are generating adisproportionately high number of viewing requests, or where 3 months has elapsed from the time of publishing the advert.
If you are using our Property Management Services:
- Payment of the Holding Deposit confirms that the tenant is applying to rent the property in question and commits them to move into the property on the agreed date.
- Once the Holding Deposit has been paid, the property will no longer appear in searches on Arthur King while the tenant's application is active.
- Once the Holding Deposit is paid by the tenant, the landlord has full discretion on whether to accept the tenant's application, including but not limited to requiring referencing or meeting the tenant in person.
- Should a tenant subsequently cancel or abandon their application to rent the property in question, the Holding Deposit will not be returned.
- If for other reasons the application is not successful - for example if the landlord rejects the tenant's application or referencing is unsatisfactory - the Holding Deposit will be returned to the tenant.
- In the case that a landlord requests referencing, this will be undertaken at the expense of the tenant through Arthur King. Referencing fees will be deducted from the Holding Deposit meaning that for some unsuccessful applications, the tenant will have less than their original Holding Deposit amount returned to them.
- If an application is successful, the Holding Deposit will be treated as a part payment of other amounts becoming due - including but not limited to referencing fees, tenancy deposits and rent payments.
- Arthur King’s relationship to all documents completed using the service is that of a trusted, disinterested third party. Accordingly, Arthur King disclaims any representations of any kind regarding the documents that pass through the service. You are responsible for recognizing the parties of interest in all transactions you complete using the service and assessing all associated risks.
- You expressly understand and agree that Arthur King shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if such Arthur King has been advised of the possibility thereof), and including damages resulting from: (i) any document or transaction sent through the service; (ii) the use or inability to use the service, including errors, interruptions or delays; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your documents or transmissions; or (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
Tenancy Deposits & Rent Payments
- Tenancies created via the Property Management Service feature will have their deposit registered by Arthur King with the Deposit Protection Service.
- Arthur King will also process payment of the first month's rent. This payment will be held by Arthur King until the tenant is satisfactorily moved into the premises up to a maximum of 14 days from the beginning of the Term, after which it will be paid to the Landlord with Arthur King’s outstanding fees deducted where applicable.
- Subsequent installments of rent will be paid by the tenant direct to the landlord when they become due according to the tenancy agreement.
- In operating this service Arthur King will make its best efforts, however, we (including our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subcontractors, and employees) will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any liabilities, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with its use.
Legal Disclaimer on Use of Arthur King
- Except where provided elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we (including our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subcontractors, and employees) will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any liabilities, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with this site, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this site, any sites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
- We are not liable for any consequences or loss from your use of this website.